Hey everyone! I’ve posted this on FB already, but thought it was a worthy share. Here’s some awesome tips for you that may help your month go a bit smoother. Enjoy! (Also, if you have tips, PLEASE SHARE!!)
- Find something that inspires you and write about it. Your daily walk in the park, having a great cup of coffee when you finally decided to change brands, whatever. We wanna hear about it.
- Those catchy mugs, tees and pictures with slogans in your house? Write about how they make you feel. Someone else wants to hear about that.
- Random insightful moments are GOLDEN. Take time to write how you feel about them!
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Find inspiration from other’s posts & revamp them!
- Work backwards. Start with something that makes you feel. Then write about it.
- When you don’t have time to write, make a list of “stuff to write about”. I used to keep a jar of ideas on my desk where I’d always write. It was so great to pull an idea when my well had run dry!
- Recall a silly memory. Tell us about it.
- Ask someone else what’s interesting, troubling or inspiring to them. That’s a month of posts right there.
- Do your kids do crazy, goofy or really dumb stuff? Child, that’s worth its weight in diamonds!
- Pull out the Bible and stick your finger in it. Read where your finger rests. Write about what the Scripture says to you.
Ok, that’s probably enough to get a few good posts going. What ideas or methods do you use to get your creative writing going?