Hi good people,
I know you’re wondering: Tonya, you said the book, Are We There Yet? How NOT to Kill Your Kids Before They Turn 18, would be out by now! What’s up? I’ll tell you what’s up. I put too much in it! Don’t get me wrong, I want every parent to have useful ideas & tips to help them survive & thrive while raising their kids from the ages of 2-18, but in this swarm of social media, emails, work stuff, home stuff & random stuff, having a book that is too full of information would just be too much. I know that as a Mom, at the end of the day I feel like my eyeballs are gonna explode if I have to read ONE MORE THING! So, it got me to thinking, why not scale back a bit? There are already a ton of topics in Are We There Yet? How NOT to Kill Your Kids Before They Turn 18 like:
- How to modify behavior (biting, arguing, stomping, avoiding responsibilities, unnecessary questions, etc.)
- How to improve communication & manage disagreements in your home (how can you let them know they’re heard, but you’re still obeyed without causing nuclear war in your home?)
- Dealing with day to day stuff kids just DO (hey, they’re gonna do it. Here are some preemptive measures for when they do)
- Organizing tips for papers, groceries & other kid stuff (that work & are cheap or free)
- Life preservers (tips to help you keep your house clean & keep your sanity)
- Building character (selflessness, patience, self-confidence, etc.)
And special sections on teens & tweens that cover:
- Getting rid of “the boy stink” in your house
- Sneaking out
- Methods to getting clear answers on what your kid is doing & with whom
- Social media, cell phones & things you may not know about how predators can track your kids & find your home without you even knowing
& much more!
So yeah, I’ve been busy. We’re raising ’em & writing about ’em at the same time! I hope you’ll bear with me for a little longer. I want to make sure I’m writing about what you need help with, but& not just wearing you out with a ton of info at one time.
Thanks for taking the time to read this! I’ll be updating you again soon!
- Live More Want Less (basicorganization.wordpress.com)
- Tween Programming (thecheapreader.wordpress.com)
- Useful Tips to Remember when Travleing with Kids, from Mom (epicatravel.com)
- The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated Repeats Offer To Bring a Halt to Teen Violence (prweb.com)
- They’re Gonna Be Ok (normallevelofcrazy.wordpress.com)
- How to Steal Time to Write (and an update on my new book) (tonyajoyner.wordpress.com)