Just an update: I’ve been working on this book (Are We There Yet? How NOT to Kill Your Kids Before They Turn 18) for about a month & I’ve come across some really interesting requests! I’ve met moms of boys who want odor removing advice, moms with eye-rolling kids who want advice & parents who just want me to hurry up & get this book out!
One of the questions I get the most is when do I have time to write? Well, it’s not always a constant thing. It can be 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there & sometimes one or two hours. The biggest thing I’ve discovered is how to snatch time. It may mean dictating to my cell phone (I use an app called ColorNote to take down & email material for the book) as I’m waiting between appointments, putting a few paragraphs down while the kids are napping or between household chores. It can be challenging sometimes, but it’s more than worth it.
If you’d like to get my first book, you can find it here as well as on amazon.com and on Kindle.So what are your questions about how to find times to write as a mom? Do you have any tips you’d like to shout from the rooftops?
- I’m working on book #2! (tonyajoynerspeaks.wordpress.com)
- The Chores (snowy45.wordpress.com)
- Guilty as a mom!!! (goodnesst.wordpress.com)
- What’s Your Least Favorite Household Chore? (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Manage Your Time Well: How To Avoid The Three Common Work From Home Distractions (for The Mothers) (workfromhomesitee.wordpress.com)
- Accountable Kids Part 1 (michellearko.wordpress.com)
- So, what IS your opinion on raising kids? (teaandchopsticks.wordpress.com)